Community Hospice is committed to offering compassionate, high quality care to ensure that those entrusted to us receive exceptional service.
The following is a list of services and supplies provided to you:
- Bereavement Services & Grief Counseling
- Nutritional Counseling
- Hospice Aids
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Supplies and Equipment
- Medications related to the terminal diagnosis
- Music and Art Therapy
- Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapy
- Hospice Medical Director for consultation and house calls
- Services available 24 hours/ 7 days a week
- Skilled Nursing
- Social Services
- Spiritual Care
- Volunteer Services
Hospice in the Home
Community Hospice strives to care for patients in the setting of their choice. Hospice care support often can assist families and caregivers to keep patients at home.
Hospice in a Home-like Setting
Community Hospice partners with all area nursing homes and assisted living facilities. We consider the nursing home staff to be a part of the patient's family and, when appropriate, includes the staff in the circle of its care and concern. Hospice does not replace nursing home care, but rather complements it by providing the same palliative services that our home patients receive.
The Commnity Hospice Truman House is located in Tuscarawas County near the Route 77 & 250 interchange for easy access from the surrounding counties of Stark, Columbiana, Holmes, Wayne, Coshocton, Carroll, and Harrison counties. It is thanks to many generous donors a long time dream became a reality in the spring of 2012 when Hospice House opened its doors.The 12 bed care center is designed for patients needing symptom management and provides:
- 24-hour care by trained hospice professional staff
- Private rooms that encourage visitation
- Accommodation for family overnight stays
- Whirlpool bath with lift
- Family room and kitchen
- Children's play area
- Quiet, homelike atmosphere
There are times when caregivers require short-term relief from the duties and responsibilities of providing care for the patient.